This page contains thorough information on how to remove ownCloud for Windows. It is made by A guide to uninstall ownCloud from your PCownCloud
. Go over here
for more details on ownCloud. Click on http://owncloud.com/
to get more facts about ownCloud on ownCloud's website. The application is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files\ownCloud directory. Take into account that this location can differ being determined by the user's preference. The entire uninstall command line for ownCloud is C:\Program Files\ownCloud\Uninstall.exe. owncloud.exe is the ownCloud's primary executable file and it takes about 1.80 MB (1890830 bytes) on disk.
ownCloud is comprised of the following executables which occupy 8.25 MB (8652494
bytes) on disk:
- owncloud.exe (1.80 MB)
- owncloudcmd.exe (58.01 KB)
- owncloud_crash_reporter.exe (52.51 KB)
- uninstall.exe (141.11 KB)
- vcredist_x86.exe (6.20 MB)
This page is about ownCloud version 126.96.36.19983
only. You can find below info on other releases of ownCloud:
...click to view all...
Many files, folders and Windows registry data can not be uninstalled when you remove ownCloud from your computer.Folders remaining:
The files below were left behind on your disk by ownCloud when you uninstall it:
- C:\Program Files\ownCloud
You will find in the Windows Registry that the following keys will not be cleaned; remove them one by one using regedit.exe:
- C:\Program Files\ownCloud\owncloud.exe
- C:\Program Files\ownCloud\shellext\OCOverlays_x86.dll
- C:\Program Files\ownCloud\shellext\OCUtil_x86.dll
Registry values that are not removed from your computer:
ownCloud is an application by ownCloud. Frequently, people want to remove this program. Sometimes this is troublesome because deleting this by hand takes some skill regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK practice to remove ownCloud is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase ownCloud with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to clean your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find ownCloud or simply activate the Search feature and type in "ownCloud". If it is installed on your PC the ownCloud program will be found automatically. After you click ownCloud in the list , the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about ownCloud, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for ownCloud:
- The publisher is: http://owncloud.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\ownCloud\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove ownCloud.
8. After uninstalling ownCloud, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of ownCloud that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling ownCloud using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall ownCloud by ownCloud from your computer, nor are we saying that ownCloud by ownCloud is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall ownCloud supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-02 10:42:58.930