This info is about ownCloud for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall ownCloud from your computerownCloud
. More data about ownCloud can be found here
. Please open http://owncloud.com/
if you want to read more on ownCloud on ownCloud's website. ownCloud is typically installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud folder, but this location can differ a lot depending on the user's decision when installing the application. The full command line for removing ownCloud is C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud\Uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for admin rights. owncloud.exe is the ownCloud's main executable file and it takes close to 16.84 MB (17661809 bytes) on disk.
ownCloud is composed of the following executables which take 17.75 MB (18607007
bytes) on disk:
- owncloud.exe (16.84 MB)
- owncloudcmd.exe (778.25 KB)
- uninstall.exe (144.80 KB)
The current web page applies to ownCloud version 126.96.36.19941
only. You can find here a few links to other ownCloud versions:
...click to view all...
When you're planning to uninstall ownCloud you should check if the following data is left behind on your PC.Directories found on disk:
Generally, the following files are left on disk:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud
Usually the following registry keys will not be cleaned:
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud\accessible\qtaccessiblewidgets.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud\CPack.GenericLicense.txt
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud\icudata53.dll
- C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud\icui18n53.dll
Open regedit.exe in order to delete the following registry values:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud\owncloud.exe.FriendlyAppName
ownCloud is an application offered by the software company ownCloud. Some computer users try to erase it. Sometimes this can be troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY manner to erase ownCloud is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase ownCloud from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful system utility.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate ownCloud or simply click the Search field and type in "ownCloud". The ownCloud app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select ownCloud in the list of applications, the following data about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about ownCloud, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for ownCloud:
- The publisher is: http://owncloud.com/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\ownCloud\Uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall ownCloud.
8. After uninstalling ownCloud, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of ownCloud which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing ownCloud with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove ownCloud by ownCloud from your PC, we are not saying that ownCloud by ownCloud is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove ownCloud in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-10-12 03:18:42.463