VLC media player
This page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Additional info about VideoLAN can be seen here
. More info about the app VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, subject to the user's choice. VLC media player's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's main executable file and it takes about 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 491.27 KB (503062
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.73 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201412130003
of VLC media player. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, computer users try to erase this application. This is efortful because deleting this manually takes some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE approach to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to delete VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select VLC media player in the list of applications, some information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-02-20 12:18:38.783