VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read below about how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. You can find out more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. Click on https://www.videolan.org/
to get more info about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. The application is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. The application's main executable file occupies 118.52 KB (121363 bytes) on disk and is named vlc.exe.
VLC media player is comprised of the following executables which occupy 466.85 KB (478054
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (227.81 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (120.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (118.52 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.09
alone. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by VideoLAN. Frequently, users choose to erase this program. This is difficult because deleting this manually takes some advanced knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE procedure to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase VLC media player from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found automatically. After you click VLC media player in the list , some information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: https://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2018-02-05 12:40:05.983