VLC media player
You can find on this page details on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. More info about VideoLAN can be found here
. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's web page. VLC media player is typically set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC directory, however this location can vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the application. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file occupies 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk and is titled vlc.exe.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They occupy 491.22 KB (503012
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.69 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201410100002
of VLC media player. You can find below a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Frequently, computer users try to uninstall it. This is easier said than done because removing this manually takes some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY manner to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase VLC media player from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player app will be found automatically. When you click VLC media player in the list of programs, the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-11 22:47:25.390