VLC media player
This info is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. You can find out more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. You can see more info about VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is often found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory. Take into account that this path can vary depending on the user's decision. The full command line for removing VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is titled vlc.exe and it has a size of 130.52 KB (133651 bytes).
VLC media player is composed of the following executables which take 499.83 KB (511822
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (251.29 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.2.01
of VLC media player. You can find below info on other releases of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, users try to erase this program. Sometimes this is efortful because performing this manually requires some experience related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best EASY action to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list , the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-25 12:03:06.897