VLC media player
VLC media player is a computer program. This page holds details on how to remove it from your PC. It was developed for Windows by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. Check out here
where you can read more on VideoLAN. Detailed information about VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's option while installing the application. The entire uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file occupies 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk and is named vlc.exe.
VLC media player is comprised of the following executables which take 491.21 KB (503002
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (251.68 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201409070004
alone. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, people choose to erase it. Sometimes this is easier said than done because doing this manually requires some advanced knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best QUICK action to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs installed on your computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player application will be found automatically. After you click VLC media player in the list , some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-09-08 15:16:39.170