VLC media player
This web page contains thorough information on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Check out here
for more info on VideoLAN. More information about the software VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. The complete uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player is comprised of the following executables which occupy 599.50 KB (613886
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (349.96 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201604300401
alone. You can find here a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Some computer users choose to erase this program. This can be difficult because doing this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. The best EASY practice to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player app will be found automatically. After you select VLC media player in the list of programs, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2018-08-24 10:24:51.387