VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read below about how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be found here
. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more info about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. The program is often found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder (same installation drive as Windows). C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall VLC media player. The program's main executable file has a size of 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk and is titled vlc.exe.
The following executables are incorporated in VLC media player. They occupy 491.07 KB (502860
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.54 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201505130003
alone. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application released by VideoLAN. Some computer users decide to erase this application. This can be hard because doing this manually takes some experience regarding PCs. The best SIMPLE way to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove VLC media player from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to maximize the performance of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player program will be found automatically. Notice that after you select VLC media player in the list , some data about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-05-13 04:05:22.943