VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your PC. It was created for Windows by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Take a look here
for more details on VideoLAN. You can see more info related to VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player program is to be found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to remove VLC media player. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 130.02 KB (133139 bytes) on disk.
The executables below are part of VLC media player. They occupy an average of 499.64 KB (511636
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.61 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.02 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201507080402
alone. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Some people decide to uninstall this application. This can be easier said than done because deleting this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK way to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications installed on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found automatically. When you click VLC media player in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-07-10 07:23:08.677