VLC media player
This web page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows release was created by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. Take a look here
where you can get more info on VideoLAN. You can see more info about VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player application is placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC folder, depending on the user's option during setup. C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall VLC media player. VLC media player's primary file takes about 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) and its name is vlc.exe.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They take about 491.11 KB (502901
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.58 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This info is about VLC media player version 2.2.01201410270202
alone. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program offered by VideoLAN. Some people want to remove this application. This is troublesome because deleting this by hand requires some experience regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK manner to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select VLC media player in the list , some information regarding the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-06-25 21:51:43.333