VLC media player
This page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. Further information on VideoLAN can be found here
. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player is usually set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC directory, subject to the user's option. VLC media player's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They occupy about 491.20 KB (502987
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.66 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201409061949
alone. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application released by VideoLAN. Frequently, users want to uninstall this program. This is troublesome because uninstalling this manually requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY action to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase VLC media player from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click VLC media player in the list , some data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2017-04-05 07:51:37.803