VLC media player
This web page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be found here
. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more facts about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. The application is usually found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC directory (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file occupies 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
The executable files below are installed together with VLC media player. They take about 491.14 KB (502925
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.60 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201502241839
of VLC media player. For more VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application offered by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, computer users decide to remove it. Sometimes this can be easier said than done because deleting this manually requires some skill related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best SIMPLE practice to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to erase VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found automatically. After you select VLC media player in the list , the following data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2017-03-21 21:35:42.927