VLC media player
You can find below detailed information on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It is made by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. You can find out more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. Detailed information about VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. The program is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder. Take into account that this path can differ depending on the user's decision. The complete uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file is named vlc.exe and it has a size of 130.02 KB (133139 bytes).
VLC media player is composed of the following executables which take 499.65 KB (511637
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (251.61 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.02 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201507050402
alone. You can find below info on other versions of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by VideoLAN. Frequently, computer users try to remove this application. Sometimes this is difficult because doing this by hand requires some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK practice to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to delete VLC media player from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found automatically. After you select VLC media player in the list , some information about the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-07-07 05:26:47.627