VLC media player
VLC media player is a computer program. This page holds details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Further information on VideoLAN can be seen here
. More information about VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. The program is usually placed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder. Keep in mind that this location can differ being determined by the user's choice. The full uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file occupies 129.52 KB (132627 bytes) on disk and is called vlc.exe.
VLC media player installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 498.87 KB (510845
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.33 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (129.52 KB)
This info is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201411060402
alone. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by VideoLAN. Frequently, computer users want to erase it. This is easier said than done because performing this by hand takes some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE way to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase VLC media player from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found automatically. When you select VLC media player in the list of apps, the following information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the application you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-02-20 12:06:03.993