VLC media player
This web page contains complete information on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. Open here
where you can get more info on VideoLAN. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more info about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option. VLC media player's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's primary executable file and it occupies about 129.52 KB (132627 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are installed along with VLC media player. They take about 498.82 KB (510788
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.28 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (129.52 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201504040402
alone. You can find below info on other application versions of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program offered by VideoLAN. Frequently, users decide to remove it. This is easier said than done because uninstalling this by hand requires some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best QUICK practice to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player program will be found very quickly. After you select VLC media player in the list of programs, some information about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-05-14 23:03:49.583