VLC media player
This web page contains thorough information on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It is made by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Open here
for more details on VideoLAN. Further information about VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player program is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during setup. VLC media player's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file occupies 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk and is titled vlc.exe.
The executables below are part of VLC media player. They take about 491.50 KB (503291
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.96 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201508140003
of VLC media player. You can find below a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Some people try to remove this application. Sometimes this can be hard because deleting this manually requires some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. One of the best EASY procedure to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player app will be found automatically. When you select VLC media player in the list of programs, the following data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-10-05 19:13:47.153