VLC media player
This page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Additional info about VideoLAN can be seen here
. More info about the app VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, subject to the user's choice. VLC media player's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's main executable file and it takes about 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 491.27 KB (503062
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.73 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201412130003
of VLC media player. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, computer users try to erase this application. This is efortful because deleting this manually takes some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE approach to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to delete VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the computer will appear
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player app will be found automatically. When you click VLC media player in the list of programs, the following data regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2019-08-13 16:29:44.460