VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read below about how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be seen here
. You can see more info on VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player program is placed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during install. You can uninstall VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. VLC media player's primary file takes about 130.02 KB (133139 bytes) and is named vlc.exe.
The executable files below are installed together with VLC media player. They occupy about 500.28 KB (512283
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.74 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.02 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201507280402
only. You can find here a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by VideoLAN. Frequently, users try to uninstall it. Sometimes this is troublesome because removing this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best SIMPLE manner to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to erase VLC media player from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good PC management program.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found automatically. After you click VLC media player in the list of programs, some information about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will appear. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-08-14 04:50:10.067