VLC media player
This page is about VLC media player for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. More info about VideoLAN can be read here
. The program is frequently placed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC media player directory (same installation drive as Windows). VLC media player's complete uninstall command line is C:\Program Files (x86)\VLC media player\Uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 143.00 KB (146432 bytes) on disk and is named vlc-player.exe.
VLC media player installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 736.39 KB (754065
bytes) on disk.
...click to view all...
- spad-setup.exe (53.02 KB)
- uninstall.exe (69.34 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (112.02 KB)
- vlc-player.exe (143.00 KB)
- vlc.exe (124.02 KB)
- VLCSvc.exe (235.00 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 2.1.3
alone. For more VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application offered by the software company VideoLAN. Some users want to remove this application. This can be troublesome because doing this by hand takes some knowledge regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK way to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general tool to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player app will be found automatically. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list of applications, some data about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-10-20 23:09:44.210