VLC media player
This info is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. More info about VideoLAN can be read here
. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more facts about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. The program is usually placed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 130.02 KB (133139 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They occupy 504.20 KB (516298
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (256.16 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.02 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 2.2.1265
alone. You can find here a few links to other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application released by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, people choose to uninstall this program. Sometimes this is easier said than done because uninstalling this manually takes some know-how related to Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK solution to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player app will be found automatically. Notice that when you select VLC media player in the list of apps, the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-01-12 06:20:23.047