VLC media player
This page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. It was coded for Windows by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. You can read more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more details about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. The application is frequently located in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory. Take into account that this location can vary being determined by the user's decision. C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to uninstall VLC media player. The application's main executable file occupies 124.02 KB (126995 bytes) on disk and is titled vlc.exe.
The following executable files are incorporated in VLC media player. They take 487.84 KB (499546
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.80 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (112.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (124.02 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201407050945
alone. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Some computer users choose to remove this application. This can be easier said than done because removing this manually takes some experience regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY approach to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found automatically. After you select VLC media player in the list , the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-04-16 11:12:59.340