VLC media player
This page contains complete information on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It is made by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. You can read more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. You can read more about about VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, subject to the user's option. VLC media player's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. VLC media player's primary file takes about 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) and is called vlc.exe.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They take 504.65 KB (516764
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (255.12 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201511110402
alone. For more VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program offered by the software company VideoLAN. Some computer users choose to remove this program. This can be easier said than done because performing this by hand takes some know-how regarding removing Windows programs manually. One of the best QUICK approach to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications installed on your PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found automatically. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list of applications, the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-11-11 11:37:32.287