VLC media player
This page is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows release was created by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Further information on VideoLAN can be seen here
. You can read more about on VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player application is found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during install. The entire uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file is titled vlc.exe and occupies 130.52 KB (133651 bytes).
VLC media player is composed of the following executables which occupy 504.64 KB (516750
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (255.10 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201511190402
only. You can find here a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Some users decide to remove this application. Sometimes this can be hard because deleting this manually takes some experience regarding PCs. The best EASY action to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player program will be found very quickly. When you click VLC media player in the list of programs, some information regarding the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-23 15:20:06.320