VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your computer. It is made by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Take a look here
where you can get more info on VideoLAN. More information about the app VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is typically installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, however this location may differ a lot depending on the user's choice while installing the program. The full command line for removing VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. The program's main executable file has a size of 128.52 KB (131603 bytes) on disk and is called vlc.exe.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They occupy 497.73 KB (509678
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (252.20 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (117.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (128.52 KB)
This web page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201408200402
alone. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application released by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, people choose to erase this application. Sometimes this is troublesome because performing this manually requires some experience regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK way to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player application will be found very quickly. Notice that after you select VLC media player in the list of programs, the following information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-11-30 16:48:36.613