VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read more about how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was created by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Go over here
for more details on VideoLAN. You can see more info on VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The program's main executable file is titled vlc.exe and occupies 129.02 KB (132115 bytes).
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They occupy 495.48 KB (507376
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (248.45 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (129.02 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201508080402
only. You can find below a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by the software company VideoLAN. Some users try to erase this application. This can be troublesome because performing this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE manner to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the applications existing on your PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player app will be found very quickly. After you click VLC media player in the list of applications, some information about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-26 17:47:27.657