VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. It was coded for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Take a look here
for more details on VideoLAN. More details about VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is frequently found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder. Take into account that this path can differ depending on the user's preference. You can remove VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that you might receive a notification for administrator rights. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's main executable file and it occupies close to 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed alongside VLC media player. They take about 502.05 KB (514103
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (252.52 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
This info is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201512130402
alone. You can find below a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program marketed by VideoLAN. Some people want to erase this program. This is troublesome because removing this by hand takes some know-how related to Windows internal functioning. The best SIMPLE way to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is an efficient uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player program will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select VLC media player in the list of programs, the following information about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-12-22 09:28:58.477