VLC media player
You can find below details on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It is developed by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. More data about VideoLAN can be seen here
. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more facts about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player is frequently set up in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, but this location may vary a lot depending on the user's choice when installing the program. C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe is the full command line if you want to remove VLC media player. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes around 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player is comprised of the following executables which take 501.19 KB (513216
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (251.65 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
This info is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201509200402
only. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by VideoLAN. Sometimes, users try to erase it. This can be difficult because performing this manually takes some skill regarding removing Windows applications by hand. The best SIMPLE action to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is the best uninstaller and all around utility to maximize the performance of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found very quickly. After you click VLC media player in the list of apps, some information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the program you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
The text above is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-10-20 18:05:58.937