VLC media player
This web page is about VLC media player for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. It is produced by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Open here
where you can get more info on VideoLAN. Detailed information about VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player application is installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file is named vlc.exe and it has a size of 126.02 KB (129043 bytes).
VLC media player installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 491.13 KB (502913
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.59 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This info is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201503040003
alone. You can find here a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application released by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, people choose to erase this program. This can be troublesome because doing this manually requires some skill related to Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE action to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove VLC media player from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs installed on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click VLC media player in the list , the following information about the application is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the app you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will show up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2017-08-17 20:03:04.863