VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your PC. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Go over here
for more information on VideoLAN. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's page. The program is often installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory. Take into account that this location can differ depending on the user's choice. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may receive a notification for administrator rights. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's primary executable file and it occupies around 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They take 491.24 KB (503028
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.70 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201412230003
only. You can find below info on other releases of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Sometimes, computer users try to remove it. Sometimes this can be efortful because deleting this by hand takes some experience related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best SIMPLE manner to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to erase VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to take care of your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good system optimizer.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications installed on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found very quickly. When you click VLC media player in the list , the following information about the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. Confirm the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-07 13:07:43.483