VLC media player
VLC media player is a software application. This page is comprised of details on how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. You can find out more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. More info about the program VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is frequently set up in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, regulated by the user's option. You can uninstall VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that you might get a notification for administrator rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk and is titled vlc.exe.
The following executables are contained in VLC media player. They take 531.64 KB (544403
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.11 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201604010402
alone. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, users decide to erase this program. This can be hard because deleting this manually takes some knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. The best EASY procedure to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to erase VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found very quickly. Notice that when you click VLC media player in the list , some data about the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-04-11 22:15:50.750