VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be seen here
. Please open http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. Usually the VLC media player program is installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during install. The full command line for removing VLC media player is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might be prompted for admin rights. The application's main executable file has a size of 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk and is called vlc.exe.
VLC media player is composed of the following executables which occupy 501.20 KB (513231
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (251.67 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201509190402
alone. You can find here a few links to other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Some users choose to erase this application. Sometimes this is efortful because removing this by hand takes some knowledge related to Windows internal functioning. The best EASY approach to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to erase VLC media player from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with the program's design and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player app will be found automatically. Notice that after you select VLC media player in the list of apps, the following information about the program is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-09-25 05:57:10.247