VLC media player
You can find below details on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It is developed by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Go over here
where you can find out more on VideoLAN. Please open http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's page. The program is frequently located in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory (same installation drive as Windows). VLC media player's entire uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file occupies 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk and is named vlc.exe.
The following executables are installed together with VLC media player. They take about 491.05 KB (502832
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.51 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The current web page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201504010914
alone. For more VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Some computer users choose to remove this application. This can be efortful because removing this manually requires some advanced knowledge regarding PCs. One of the best EASY way to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with the program's interface and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player program will be found very quickly. After you select VLC media player in the list , the following data about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your PC.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-04-03 18:31:40.547