VLC media player
You can find below details on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. The Windows version was created by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. More data about VideoLAN can be seen here
. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player is typically installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, regulated by the user's option. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might get a notification for admin rights. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes about 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk.
The following executables are contained in VLC media player. They take 531.62 KB (544378
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.08 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201605050401
of VLC media player. You can find below info on other versions of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, users choose to erase this program. This can be difficult because uninstalling this manually takes some know-how regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best QUICK manner to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful PC management program.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player program will be found automatically. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list of apps, the following data about the program is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details about the application you want to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-05-30 11:27:50.280