VLC media player
You can find on this page details on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It was created for Windows by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. You can read more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. More information about VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, regulated by the user's option. The full command line for removing VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may be prompted for admin rights. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's main executable file and it takes about 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They take 521.91 KB (534435
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.37 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201605110002
only. You can find below a few links to other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, users decide to uninstall it. Sometimes this can be efortful because removing this by hand requires some skill regarding PCs. One of the best QUICK solution to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove VLC media player from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player program will be found automatically. When you click VLC media player in the list of apps, some information regarding the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you are about to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-07-26 10:23:42.787