VLC media player
You can find below details on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It is produced by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. More data about VideoLAN can be read here
. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's page. The application is usually located in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory. Keep in mind that this path can vary being determined by the user's choice. You can uninstall VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for admin rights. VLC media player's primary file takes around 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) and is called vlc.exe.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They occupy an average of 531.64 KB (544400
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.10 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201605080401
of VLC media player. You can find below info on other versions of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program marketed by VideoLAN. Sometimes, people choose to uninstall this program. Sometimes this can be hard because performing this by hand takes some knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. The best QUICK way to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to delete VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on your computer will be shown to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found very quickly. After you click VLC media player in the list of applications, the following data about the application is shown to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your system.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This page only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-07-02 04:34:57.117