VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read below about how to remove it from your PC. The Windows version was developed by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. You can find out more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. More info about the app VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. Usually the VLC media player application is installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during install. The entire uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file is called vlc.exe and its approximative size is 126.02 KB (129043 bytes).
VLC media player installs the following the executables on your PC, taking about 491.15 KB (502936
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.61 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201412180002
alone. You can find below a few links to other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by VideoLAN. Sometimes, people want to erase this program. This is troublesome because removing this by hand requires some skill regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best QUICK approach to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around tool to take care of your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful system utility.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on your computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player app will be found automatically. After you click VLC media player in the list of programs, some data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will appear. accept the removal by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-07-18 14:08:15.983