VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows program. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. It is made by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. Additional info about VideoLAN can be seen here
. More information about the application VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is frequently found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder (same installation drive as Windows). The full uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player installs the following the executables on your PC, occupying about 491.04 KB (502824
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (252.00 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201506200002
of VLC media player. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, people try to remove it. This is efortful because performing this by hand requires some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK action to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to uninstall VLC media player from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around tool to optimize your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire the program's interface and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player program will be found automatically. When you click VLC media player in the list of apps, the following data regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a piece of advice to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This text simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-08-01 15:12:04.090