VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read below about how to uninstall it from your PC. The Windows release was developed by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Go over here
for more info on VideoLAN. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more details about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player is usually set up in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's choice. VLC media player's full uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes circa 129.52 KB (132627 bytes) on disk.
The following executable files are incorporated in VLC media player. They take 498.82 KB (510787
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.28 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (129.52 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201505220402
only. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program offered by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, people want to erase it. Sometimes this is efortful because deleting this manually takes some advanced knowledge regarding Windows internal functioning. One of the best EASY action to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to remove VLC media player from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and general tool to take care of your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the programs installed on your PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found automatically. Notice that when you select VLC media player in the list , the following information about the program is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other people have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the program you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. accept the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your PC.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good software application. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-05-25 06:03:06.153