VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. It was created for Windows by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Take a look here
where you can read more on VideoLAN. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more info about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. VLC media player is normally set up in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, subject to the user's choice. The entire uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's primary executable file and it occupies approximately 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They occupy about 491.28 KB (503071
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.74 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This data is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201410140003
only. For other VLC media player versions please click below:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program offered by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, people decide to uninstall this application. This can be troublesome because uninstalling this manually requires some skill regarding removing Windows programs manually. The best QUICK practice to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: A way to remove VLC media player from your computer with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to clean your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take your time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and number of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found very quickly. After you select VLC media player in the list of applications, the following information regarding the program is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the program you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will show up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-04-10 11:36:09.700