VLC media player
This web page is about VLC media player for Windows. Here you can find details on how to remove it from your computer. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. More information about VideoLAN can be read here
. Please open http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's web page. Usually the VLC media player application is to be found in the C:\Program Files\VLC Media Player 3 directory, depending on the user's option during install. The complete uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VLC Media Player 3\uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file has a size of 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk and is titled vlc.exe.
VLC media player is comprised of the following executables which occupy 530.33 KB (543061
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (280.80 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201605290401
of VLC media player. You can find below info on other releases of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application offered by VideoLAN. Frequently, people want to uninstall this program. Sometimes this can be efortful because performing this by hand takes some know-how regarding Windows program uninstallation. The best SIMPLE approach to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove VLC media player from your PC with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications installed on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player app will be found very quickly. When you select VLC media player in the list of applications, the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VLC Media Player 3\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player which have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry entries, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows system will remain clean, speedy and ready to serve you properly.
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This text simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. Here you can find registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-26 15:19:46.347