VLC media player
This web page contains detailed information on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It is produced by A guide to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. You can read more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. Further information about VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is frequently installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can remove VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that you might be prompted for administrator rights. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 130.02 KB (133139 bytes) on disk.
VLC media player is comprised of the following executables which take 499.41 KB (511396
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (251.37 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.02 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201409180402
of VLC media player. You can find below info on other releases of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application offered by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, computer users try to remove this program. This is difficult because performing this by hand requires some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY solution to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to remove VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the program by pressing the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take your time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of utilities.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the applications existing on the computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of applications until you locate VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it exists on your system the VLC media player application will be found automatically. Notice that when you click VLC media player in the list of applications, some information regarding the program is shown to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will come up. Confirm the uninstall by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no Windows registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your Windows computer will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-02-25 06:15:32.830