VLC media player
VLC media player is a Windows application. Read more about how to remove it from your computer. It is written by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Go over here
for more details on VideoLAN. More details about VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is commonly installed in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC folder, subject to the user's choice. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Keep in mind that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you might receive a notification for admin rights. vlc.exe is the VLC media player's primary executable file and it takes circa 126.02 KB (129043 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They occupy about 491.18 KB (502967
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.64 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201504070002
alone. You can find below a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, computer users decide to remove this program. Sometimes this is efortful because removing this by hand requires some skill related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY way to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to delete VLC media player from your computer using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your Windows PC, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by pressing the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's interface and wealth of features available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. All the programs existing on the computer will be shown to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player program will be found very quickly. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list of applications, some information about the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the application you are about to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no Windows registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your Windows PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2015-04-09 07:19:48.607