VLC media player
You can find on this page details on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. The Windows release was created by How to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Take a look here
for more info on VideoLAN. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more data about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. The application is often found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC folder (same installation drive as Windows). You can uninstall VLC media player by clicking on the Start menu of Windows and pasting the command line C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that you might be prompted for administrator rights. vlc.exe is the programs's main file and it takes approximately 124.52 KB (127507 bytes) on disk.
The executable files below are installed beside VLC media player. They occupy about 489.08 KB (500817
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (252.54 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (112.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (124.52 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201408120332
alone. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, computer users want to uninstall it. This is troublesome because doing this by hand takes some experience regarding Windows program uninstallation. One of the best SIMPLE approach to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and general tool to maximize the performance of your Windows system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- navigate to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player application will be found automatically. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list of applications, the following data regarding the application is available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Press the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the app you want to remove, by pressing the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the application is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will come up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Click Next to start the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player which have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry entries, files or directories are left behind on your system.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2018-08-29 04:13:55.973