VLC media player
This info is about VLC media player for Windows. Here you can find details on how to uninstall it from your PC. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. More information on VideoLAN can be found here
. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's web page. The program is often located in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder. Take into account that this path can vary being determined by the user's preference. The complete uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file has a size of 130.02 KB (133139 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
VLC media player is comprised of the following executables which occupy 499.77 KB (511769
bytes) on disk:
- uninstall.exe (251.74 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.02 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 3.0.0201507210402
of VLC media player. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application released by VideoLAN. Some people decide to uninstall it. This is difficult because removing this by hand takes some advanced knowledge related to removing Windows programs manually. One of the best EASY way to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: How to delete VLC media player from your PC with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general tool to take care of your PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful program.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs feature
5. A list of the applications existing on your PC will be made available to you
6. Scroll the list of applications until you locate VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player program will be found very quickly. After you select VLC media player in the list of applications, some data regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating tells you the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Press Next to start the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your disk.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to take on new tasks.
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player supposing you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2015-07-25 09:04:00.617