VLC media player
This info is about VLC media player for Windows. Below you can find details on how to uninstall it from your computer. The Windows version was created by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. Go over here
where you can read more on VideoLAN. More information about VLC media player can be found at http://www.videolan.org/
. The application is usually installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory. Keep in mind that this location can differ being determined by the user's preference. The complete uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file is labeled vlc.exe and occupies 130.52 KB (133651 bytes).
The executable files below are installed beside VLC media player. They occupy about 532.11 KB (544885
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (282.58 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The current page applies to VLC media player version 3.0.0201602110402
only. You can find here a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Frequently, people try to erase this application. Sometimes this is troublesome because performing this by hand takes some skill regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK approach to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: How to delete VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your system, install it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and general utility to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to Download Link
- download the program by pressing the DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take some time to admire the program's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Press the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the programs existing on your PC will appear
6. Navigate the list of programs until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player application will be found very quickly. After you select VLC media player in the list of programs, some information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other people have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other people - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details regarding the application you wish to uninstall, by pressing the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation dialog will appear. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will then uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to perform the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to take on new tasks.
This page is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This text only contains detailed info on how to remove VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2017-01-12 06:22:46.893