VLC media player
You can find on this page details on how to uninstall VLC media player for Windows. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. You can find out more on VideoLAN or check for application updates here
. More data about the program VLC media player can be seen at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is normally installed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, however this location can differ a lot depending on the user's option when installing the application. VLC media player's full uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The program's main executable file occupies 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) on disk and is labeled vlc.exe.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They occupy 530.35 KB (543076
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (280.81 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (119.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
This data is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201605300401
only. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Some people decide to erase this application. This is troublesome because doing this by hand takes some experience regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best EASY procedure to erase VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase VLC media player from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows PC, add it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very useful uninstaller and all around utility to clean your Windows computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit Download Link
- download the program by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows optimizer.
3. Click on the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. All the programs existing on the PC will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". The VLC media player program will be found automatically. After you click VLC media player in the list of apps, some data about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). The star rating explains the opinion other users have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Details about the app you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will show up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After uninstalling VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run an additional cleanup. Press Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or folders are left behind on your disk.
Your system will remain clean, speedy and able to run without errors or problems.
The text above is not a recommendation to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your computer, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This page simply contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player supposing you want to. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO discovered and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs. Disclaimer
Last update on: 2016-06-21 10:59:50.433