VLC media player
You can find on this page detailed information on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It was developed for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your PCVideoLAN
. Open here
for more info on VideoLAN. You can get more details about VLC media player at http://www.videolan.org/
. VLC media player is usually set up in the C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's decision. The entire uninstall command line for VLC media player is C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file is titled vlc.exe and its approximative size is 126.02 KB (129043 bytes).
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They take 491.18 KB (502965
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.64 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (113.52 KB)
- vlc.exe (126.02 KB)
This page is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201505170002
only. You can find below info on other versions of VLC media player:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is an application marketed by the software company VideoLAN. Sometimes, computer users want to remove this application. Sometimes this is troublesome because uninstalling this manually takes some know-how related to removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best SIMPLE action to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here is how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player from your computer with Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO already installed on your system, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very potent uninstaller and general utility to take care of your system.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with Advanced Uninstaller PRO's interface and wealth of functions available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a powerful Windows tool.
3. Click on the General Tools button
4. Click on the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the computer will appear
6. Navigate the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply click the Search field and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player app will be found automatically. When you select VLC media player in the list of applications, the following data about the application is available to you:
- Safety rating (in the left lower corner). This explains the opinion other users have about VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Click on the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to uninstall, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The web site of the program is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files (x86)\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A confirmation page will appear. accept the removal by pressing Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will offer to run a cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be detected and you will be able to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player using Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your computer will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a piece of advice to remove VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application. This text only contains detailed instructions on how to remove VLC media player in case you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that other software left behind and Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' PCs.
Last update on: 2016-07-23 22:17:44.710