VLC media player
You can find below details on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It was created for Windows by How to uninstall VLC media player from your computerVideoLAN
. Additional info about VideoLAN can be found here
. Please follow http://www.videolan.org/
if you want to read more on VLC media player on VideoLAN's page. Usually the VLC media player program is placed in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC folder, depending on the user's option during setup. VLC media player's full uninstall command line is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. The application's main executable file has a size of 129.52 KB (132627 bytes) on disk and is called vlc.exe.
The executable files below are part of VLC media player. They take an average of 498.83 KB (510806
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.30 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (129.52 KB)
This info is about VLC media player version 3.0.0201503030402
alone. Click on the links below for other VLC media player versions:
...click to view all...
VLC media player is a program by VideoLAN. Some people want to remove it. Sometimes this is troublesome because performing this manually takes some knowledge regarding removing Windows applications by hand. One of the best QUICK approach to remove VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Here are some detailed instructions about how to do this: A way to uninstall VLC media player from your PC using Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your Windows system, install it. This is a good step because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is one of the best uninstaller and all around utility to optimize your Windows PC.DOWNLOAD NOW
- go to http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the green DOWNLOAD NOW button
- set up Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Run Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to get familiar with the program's design and wealth of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good package of tools.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs tool
5. A list of the applications existing on the PC will appear
6. Scroll the list of applications until you find VLC media player or simply activate the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player program will be found very quickly. Notice that when you select VLC media player in the list of apps, the following information regarding the application is made available to you:
- Safety rating (in the lower left corner). This explains the opinion other users have regarding VLC media player, ranging from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Opinions by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information regarding the app you want to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For instance you can see that for VLC media player:
- The publisher is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Click the Uninstall button. A confirmation window will come up. accept the removal by pressing the Uninstall button. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will uninstall VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run a cleanup. Press Next to go ahead with the cleanup. All the items of VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By uninstalling VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you are assured that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and able to serve you properly.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
This page is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, we are not saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your PC. This page only contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player supposing you want to. Here you can find registry and disk entries that our application Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2015-03-06 15:11:31.673