VLC media player
This page contains thorough information on how to remove VLC media player for Windows. It is produced by A way to uninstall VLC media player from your systemVideoLAN
. Go over here
where you can read more on VideoLAN. Click on http://www.videolan.org/
to get more facts about VLC media player on VideoLAN's website. Usually the VLC media player program is found in the C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC directory, depending on the user's option during setup. The full command line for uninstalling VLC media player is C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe. Note that if you will type this command in Start / Run Note you may get a notification for admin rights. VLC media player's primary file takes about 130.52 KB (133651 bytes) and is named vlc.exe.
VLC media player contains of the executables below. They occupy 500.02 KB (512025
bytes) on disk.
- uninstall.exe (251.49 KB)
- vlc-cache-gen.exe (118.02 KB)
- vlc.exe (130.52 KB)
The information on this page is only about version 2.2.04
of VLC media player. You can find below a few links to other VLC media player releases:
...click to view all...
Some files, folders and registry entries can not be removed when you remove VLC media player from your PC.Registry values that are not removed from your PC:
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.ApplicationCompany
- HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Local Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\MuiCache\C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe.FriendlyAppName
VLC media player is a program released by VideoLAN. Sometimes, people want to uninstall this program. This can be hard because doing this manually takes some advanced knowledge related to Windows program uninstallation. The best EASY procedure to uninstall VLC media player is to use Advanced Uninstaller PRO. Take the following steps on how to do this: How to erase VLC media player with the help of Advanced Uninstaller PRO
1. If you don't have Advanced Uninstaller PRO on your PC, add it. This is good because Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very efficient uninstaller and all around utility to clean your computer.DOWNLOAD NOW
- visit http://www.advanceduninstaller.com/download/
- download the setup by clicking on the DOWNLOAD NOW button
- install Advanced Uninstaller PRO
2. Start Advanced Uninstaller PRO. It's recommended to take some time to admire Advanced Uninstaller PRO's design and number of tools available. Advanced Uninstaller PRO is a very good Windows tool.
3. Press the General Tools category
4. Activate the Uninstall Programs button
5. All the programs installed on your computer will be made available to you
6. Navigate the list of programs until you locate VLC media player or simply click the Search feature and type in "VLC media player". If it is installed on your PC the VLC media player application will be found automatically. Notice that after you click VLC media player in the list of apps, some information about the program is made available to you:
- Star rating (in the left lower corner). This tells you the opinion other users have about VLC media player, from "Highly recommended" to "Very dangerous".
- Reviews by other users - Press the Read reviews button.
- Technical information about the program you wish to remove, by clicking on the Properties button.
For example you can see that for VLC media player:
- The software company is: http://www.videolan.org/
- The uninstall string is: C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\uninstall.exe
7. Press the Uninstall button. A window asking you to confirm will come up. accept the uninstall by clicking Uninstall. Advanced Uninstaller PRO will automatically remove VLC media player.
8. After removing VLC media player, Advanced Uninstaller PRO will ask you to run an additional cleanup. Click Next to proceed with the cleanup. All the items that belong VLC media player that have been left behind will be found and you will be asked if you want to delete them. By removing VLC media player with Advanced Uninstaller PRO, you can be sure that no registry items, files or directories are left behind on your computer.
Your PC will remain clean, speedy and ready to run without errors or problems.DOWNLOAD NOW
Geographical user distribution
The text above is not a recommendation to uninstall VLC media player by VideoLAN from your PC, nor are we saying that VLC media player by VideoLAN is not a good application for your computer. This page simply contains detailed info on how to uninstall VLC media player in case you decide this is what you want to do. The information above contains registry and disk entries that Advanced Uninstaller PRO stumbled upon and classified as "leftovers" on other users' computers.
Last update on: 2016-08-27 20:11:36.123